Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Figs

I went to an open mic tonight, and bless the woman who organized it. And yes I am glad that there is a space for voices of all kinds to be heard..... However:

An orchard of figs for Rebecca, for telling me and reminding me and showing me that using gerunds is weak. For calling my work crap when it is. For the reminder show don't tell, for striking words like shadowy and respectable, and sharing. Thank the God of Figs for Rebecca so that my mediocre works will not make it out of her sofa. For everything more that I cannot list because I have to go wash and eat dark chocolate to bring back a pleasant taste to my mouth. Or perhaps a fig or two!

2 comments:

  1. This woman sounds wonderful. I wish I knew her!
    R, fig person

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I even let the one very bad comment slide. Honestly, thinking I would take poetry advice from that very bad man we both know!

    ReplyDelete