Saturday, May 30, 2009

Morning walk

Did a good walk. Walked an extra block and hill in the same time as the previous long walk so am making progress. Or at least I think I did, near the end I ran into a friend (work and neighborhood friend) who was out walking her dog and we walked for about 10+minutes.

The mountains are big. The world is big. I am small and insignificant as our my woes.

Jenn and Darren are going to Whistler on the 4th of July. Aaron wants to go to some activist retreat. My mom died the day after the 4th of July. In the last few years well I can finally be around small amounts of people, but not up for being around a large group of people. The closest I came to that was walking to the firework lookout and hanging way back from the other people and watching the fireworks alone. But hey it is progress. Maybe someday again I will be able to be all fiesty and ready to be the change I want to see in the world, but most days I just feel like hiding.

XC
Then hate me when thou wilt; if ever, now;
Now, while the world is bent my deeds to
cross,
Join with the spite of fortune, make me bow,
And do not drop in for an after-loss:
Ah, do not, when my heart hath 'scaped this
sorrow,
Comme in the rearward of a conquer'd woe;
Give not a windy night a rainy morrow,
To linger out a purposed overthrow.
If thou wilt leave me, do not leave me last,
When other petty griefs have done their spite
But in the onset come; so shall I taste
At first the very worst of fortune's might
And other strains of woe, which now seem
woe,
Compared to loss of thee will not seem so.
Shakespeare

2 comments:

  1. I love you Aaron. Perhaps I need to find another love sonnet. Well it has been officially 5 months today, and I am not "woeing" and am not leaving Baby. Guess you are stuck with me.

    ReplyDelete