Monday, May 4, 2009

Vacation recovery zone

I am back from Port Angeles, what a great weekend. I met my honey's mom and she is great. We went to the Sol Duck Hotsprings and soaked under the perfect drizzle of rain, then picnic'd in an advanced drizzle. The papernapkins soaked through and we stayed there and ate our meatloaf sandwiches and munched our chips defiantly. Of course the rain stopped when we were taking a small hike to a waterfall, and started again when we got out of the car to use the restroom! We also sat on a rocky/boulder-y coast and listened to the waves crash and watched the lights of Victoria, B.C. and Venus. Something else that was astounding is the outdoor sculpture garden. I like it better than ours. Ours feels so pretentious and that we...well I guess to be fair I would describe theirs as a Frank Lloyd Wright creation, it lets you discover the art in the nature from pea pods hanging in the trees to ringable iron bells to a patch of sweater cast - one even has a bow tie, and some pieces that you might miss if you don't look down low enough or wide enough. It is beautiful. Ours is I guess an outdoor museum, it is just there to view and walk around/through, but don't touch. Unlike the eyelash bench that my sweetie and I had our picture taken at. The trip was long though, if you can wait for the Hood Canal Bridge to reopen - do!

Now I am in lazy mode. If I had pulled myself out of bed when I had all my energy, chances are I would be out of the house right now. Oh well. Oh and I have about 4 dozen roses opening in my home. Beautiful reds and yellows and oranges. All sent from my childhood friend Deanna. Thanks Deanna, what an amazing surprise. They are so beautiful, and yes energizing think I will get off my butt and go stick my nose in one of the bouquets!

2 comments:

  1. Marta, Happy Late Birthday! I'm happy you ate cake. I found you on Rebecca's blog and like your poetry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carol,
    Thanks for the kind words. It is nice to be found!

    ReplyDelete