Sunday, April 12, 2009

Mornings

I love mornings (usually) their opportunity to begin again. I love weekend mornings, the natural awakening by the sun. A hot shower to freshen me up for an escapade. If you celebrate Easter Happy Easter. I remember coloring eggs, and chocolate bunnies. Frilly dresses in purple and PINK!!! shiny shoes and maybe eventually shoes with heels. All the family gathered in one place, playing spoons, Scrabble, and Mom slaving away the pineapple glaze for the ham, rice, beans and tortillas.

My Easters have changed. For that matter my Sundays have changed. This morning, showered and fresh, I wonder if the plant store is open. My sweetie is making me waffles, and I can't wait to go outside. To feel the chill awake me and kiss me good morning. To be grateful for all the joy in my life. There was a time I didn't think I would have joy in my life again, so yes I am uncertain of my believes, but am thankful to God/the Universe whatever higher power that allows me to sweat in the sun and gaze at the stars to laugh and to love and to have many someones to experience life with.

No comments:

Post a Comment