Sunday, July 12, 2009

Yakisoba

I don't know why, but I want to put this recipe on my blog. I found it on some website where someone was looking for an authentic Yakisoba recipe. And it is fantastic. I assume it can be made vegetarian as I tend to use a full small cabbage (instead of a half of a cabbage), zucchini, and broccoli in addition to the rest of the stuff.

Yakisoba
1 /2 tsp. sesame oil
1T.peanut oil
2 T. chile paste
3 cloves garlic
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts/thighs
½ c. reduced sodium soy sauce
1 onion sliced lengthwise
½ medium cabbage, coarsely chopped
2 carrots coarsely chopped
8 ounces soba noodles, cooked and drained

Large skillet.
Combine oils and paste, stir fry 30 seconds add the garlic and stir fry 30 more seconds.
Add the chicken and ¼ of the soy sauce. Stir fry until the chicken is cooked through.
Remove from pan and set aside.

Empty the pan. Combine onion cabbage and carrots until the cabbage begins to wilt.
Add remaining soy sauce, cooked noodles and chicken. Mix.

I hope you enjoy, this weather seems to warrant it. It tends to make a lot so I did not make as am going out of town this weekend. Oh and yes it is better the 2nd day mmm yummy all that flavor marinating.

No comments:

Post a Comment