Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Exhaustion

School is exhausting. Even so now I am involved in Bookfest and reading for Los Nortenos on Sunday, October 25th, and possibly again on November 6th for the Day of the Dead at Phinney Ridge. This is all after Murder of Prose reads on October 2nd. Which should be interesting as one writer said she was not inviting anyone and another said she would bring her partner. I offered to make postcards, but after thinking on this I thought why bother. As it stands only one writer said he had a bunch of people wanting to hear him read. So what exactly is a bunch? Lets just say I sent out 25 postcards for the last reading and had 18 people show up. But I guess if people aren't going to bring an audience it is going to be a reality check to them when no one shows up to the reading. Some lessons need to be learned the hard way. Seems I never stop being an educator...dang!

No comments:

Post a Comment