Friday, September 4, 2009

A Little Disappointing

As you may have read by now yesterday going to see Wicked was a disappointment.

The day started out so promising. I found a new bus route to A's. Then I waited for him to put in a DVD, and flip through some coupons, then we waited for a bus, and we waited for the bus and we waited for the bus, then we went to get him some food at McDonald's and then I told him we didn't have time to go to a bookstore so we finally went to the box office where weyes you all know the word waited in line for tickets. Key word waiting....By the time we got there all the good seats were gone. So I paid way to much money for bad seats. I hate that. Honestly. I won't ever do that again. If you can't see the faces of the actors it is a waste of money. And I intentionally got the day off to go because I would be able to get the good seats for a matinee instead of sitting in the fucking poor section. So watching a show that I couldn't really see and seeing how the director's interpretation well missed some of the highlights of the book - I get that you only have 2- 3 hours for a play - to utterly changing the ending of the original book/TV show/movie to a Disneyesque ending sucked. The best part of the day was having clam chowder at Von's after the play. Next time on the first of the month I will go and wait in line at the box office after work. Apparently they open at 10am. On Wed night there were still good seats available so it is my own fault. But yes I will never pay for tickets again when I can't see the actor's faces. It is so not worth it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment