Sunday, November 8, 2009

Good people

I have such good people in my life. Thanks Mary for sharing this:

Earth, Teach Me

Earth teach me quiet ~ as the grasses are still with new light.
Earth teach me suffering ~ as old stones suffer with memory.
Earth teach me humility ~ as blossoms are humble with beginning.
Earth teach me caring ~ as mothers nurture their young.
Earth teach me courage ~ as the tree that stands alone.
Earth teach me limitation ~ as the ant that crawls on the ground.
Earth teach me freedom ~ as the eagle that soars in the sky.
Earth teach me acceptance ~ as the leaves that die each fall.
Earth teach me renewal ~ as the seed that rises in the spring.
Earth teach me to forget myself ~ as melted snow forgets its life.
Earth teach me to remember kindness ~ as dry fields weep with rain.

An Ute Prayer

It was a very interesting weekend. I had a bad reaction to a medicine I am supposed to building up to taking. I am sticking to my half dosage. I have to work, walk, etc and the full dosage has me in the bathroom or fetal position in bed. Aaron took good care of me though. I heard some poetry on Friday night. I especially enjoyed Catalina Cantu's and Gabe Morales work. The emcee kept rushing up and quickly reading another poem by another published poet, and it just squashed the readers voice to me. I like to have the words soak into me unfettered, instead they were jarred out of me rudely replaced and then the next poet came up. So at least I got to enjoy a couple voices. Then Saturday the first day I experimented with taking the full dosage and had to ditch Aaron and run into a Walgreens to use the bathroom. He called as he was standing in the rain outside the condo complex he was buying a drill off a guy (craigslist), poor guy I said I have to use a bathroom or I am going to shit my pants, I will be right back. My poor Baby, then we found a Ross and shopped there, I found a great man's exercise shirt- moisture wicking and all that in woman's would have been about $10 more, so bought the mens.

Cashback - what a great movie. With a very romantic scene, walking through a frozen snowstorm...just watch it trust me. Then today we watched Floundering, also a very good movie. Truly would watch them more than once without a problem.

Then errands, and we were near Greenlake and decided to walk the lake. It was beautiful. In the summer Greenlake is swamped with people and there is always somebody's sweat flying on me when they run/bike or blade by me. It is incredibly gross. But today was beautiful. People all clothed in there fall warmies, no one with sweating flying off them, room for everyone. No bikers, one blader and the trees in all their red yellow glory. A definate thing I will do again. It worked well to as I didn't feel like Bellydancing today. (I did though 4 times last week, and it is so incredibly cool, just wanted to change things up today). After making myself sniff the items in the freezer, found out the salmon was on the verge of freezer burn so Aaron and I made salmon patties. Ok Aaron gave me this killer massage. I checked a reflexology chart, because yesterday and today my feet when not wearing sneakers are killing me. I decided it was the medicine. Unfortunately I hardly had any water yesterday and today so it is taking it's time working its way out of my system. And the foot charts seem to line up with all the areas the medicine affect so definately going to half dosage. So after a phenomenal massage, cooked excellent homemade salmon burgers, and pasta with chantrelles and broccoli. Yummy.

This morning my blood sugar was 95 or 96 I don't remember. Last night it was 101 and right now it is....103 very very good! And it was on half the dosage, although I swear that full dose is still in my system, because I never had sore feet! Ugh. Overall though who can complain. An amazing boyfriend, a great massage, a yummy dinner, and a nightcap of Trivial Pursuit...I lost this time, still fun though.

No comments:

Post a Comment