Saturday, February 20, 2010

Found

I found tiny little bugs/mites in the couch so vaccumed them up yesterday. Still spraying the floor, couch and vaccuming 2 - 3 times a day. During the process of cleaning the couch I got 2 more bites. I wanted to get rid of that couch anyway, I think this might just be expediting the removal.

In spite of those critters, the day was great. A couple months agoa Amy who I met at work, we went from talking about working out to about appetizers and food. So Aaron and I had them over. She told me they are vegetarians, but with some exceptions, and basically they are what I call conscientious eaters. They only eat animals that are treated well and have had a good life. They buy meat from a farm in Skagit Valley and prefer to go to the farm, but occassionally will go to their stand at the Ballard Farmers' Market. So Alex made ribs. Aaron and Alex made stuffed mushrooms oh and Aaron made some broccoli (I thought we needed something green). I made a flourless chocolate cake with some high end chocolate, and fresh whipped cream. It turned out marvelously. What a delightful time with great conversation about books, and home towns, and different experiences and events. It was joyful.

Here is the cake recipe originally from Gourmet magazine. And if truth be told I love this recipe for it's few ingredients, and easiness factor, it always works.

Flourless Chocolake Cake
8 oz quality bittersweet chocolate, roughly chopped (I have only ever used Sharffen Berger for this cake and will only ever Scharffen Bergeruse for this cake.)
2 sticks unsalted butter, cut into pieces
1 1/2 cups sugar
6 eggs
1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder

Preheat oven to 350degrees.
Grease 9or 10 in. springform pan, and line the bottom with wax paper (grease the liner)

In double boiler, melt chocolate and butter. Stir as needed. When completely melted remove from heat. Whisk in sugar. Add eggs one at a time. Mix well after each egg. Last whisk in cocoa pwoder until just combined.

Pour into pan and bake for 35 -40 minutes. Cool on rack fro 10 minutes.

Serve warm with whipped cream.

(for the really special occasion, cut a mold/design out of paper or waxed paper fit over finished cake and then sprinkle confectioners powder over)

No comments:

Post a Comment