Saturday, February 13, 2010

try again different topic

It always surprises me when people in or around my life disappoint me.

Earlier I mentioned a poet who I knew about a decade ago and how she passed. She lived as a free spirit and really didn't let other people's stuff get in her way. I admire that. When she passed I thought the people who organized her fundraiser might host a memorial. And they did a private one. So yeah, I am hurt that I was good enough to hit me up for money for her, which I don't regret and wish I could have given more, but wasn't good enough to invite to her send off so to speak. I guess I should just be grateful they let me know her situation. And I have had enough death in my life to understand grief. And I have her button pictures on the window ledge. I need to move one to the outer ledge so she can be out in the world as well as checking in on things.

I had a hairdresser - do they still use that word, a stylist perhaps cutting my hair after my dad died. And he had what I call a good death. After taking him off life support he lasted for 10 days in a coma. A friend said he is just taking his time and saying goodbye to everyone. I like that, it still makes me tear up. Anyway the hairdresser was shocked at my vibrant nature and asked "aren't you mourning" I said well I guess you could say I am more celebrating the life he lived.

He was in his 80s and Gabrielle was in her 40s so doesn't feel like much of a celebration. But like I said she lived by her own rules, and that is honorable. And whatever feelings I have about her and her passing are mine and are ok. Just a little bump in the road.

Well I need to find out if I need to feed the parking meter or if I can go work out. Have a good day everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment