Friday, August 7, 2009

Rants vs. Whines

It has been an interesting week. The poets from my writing group and second group that R used to facilitate, well I don't think they had much interaction with poets outside of R. So when the group was suddenly ended some were very upset. It pales in comparison with artist behavior I endured. So sad the approach and whisperings and I hope that we all can pick up the pieces and find grace. The previous groups have merged. I harbor no ill will toward R or the other groupees and still work on my work.

Went to the Storm game Tuesday night, they lost in overtime. It was quite sad.

I just talked to Aaron, he and I talked about why he was wearing a "friendship ring" that his ex gave him and he said it was so people would know he was in a relationship with me. Ok. now the thing is that the ring that his ex told him all friends do for each other is a wedding band. Soooo yeah. It really hurt to see him wearing it without the explanation so I told him it would make more sense for me to buy a ring for him than for him to wear one from his ex. I am guessing he probabaly thinks as most men would that it makes more sense to just use the ring rather than buy a new one, but nope. not ok. I found out she claimed the pet name he calls me so now I have to have a new one, that she writes inappropriate "friend" cards for him and now the ring. Nope. I know just the ring I want for him, and can't wait to buy it for him!

2 comments:

  1. It's interesting that they are all anxious to meet when half of them didn't show up for workshop half the time. Ah well. Some people need that sense of community outside of the Paul N. and his cronies Seattle community. Still, I hope the work continues and remains more important than the gossip and snacks. I wish you luck! As far as the ring goes? I lop off his finger. I hope he reads this. That is NOT COOL.

    r

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA!! Well yes, I thought/think you truely only want the best for us. I value the critiqueing ,but am also going to start going to a writing group that meets on Mondays in QA. I guess there they do just writing. And honestly A is so naive, he really believed it was a friendship ring and didn't know it was a wedding band until I told him. He really couldn't have acted as surprised as he was when I explained wedding bands to him. And yuck P.N. yuck yuck yuck!

    ReplyDelete