Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Value Judging

Wow. I just watched the documentary or film or what genre it fits Religulous, and I didn't like it. Most people know religion is dangerous in the wrong hands. I wanted to cry when he made the Islamists into all violent terrorist. I thought of Naomi Shihab Nye and her cries for peace. Of a previous Muslim student who made her choices in clothing as she felt and who helped an Israeli throwing daggers to talking and laughing about common ground. My guy thinks it is all about doubt and questioning. I felt like it was value judging and degrading. And I don't attend church. When a very good friend told me she prayed for me I thanked her in honesty. She loves me enough to embrace me in her faith that is one of the pillars of her heart. She doesn't ask me to convert or to pray with her, of course I can't talk to her about sex either. There are boundaries on both sides. I respect her. I respect tolerance. Gosh that movie stirred me up it honestly was arrogant and in some respects hateful. The movie doesn't mention the word extremist or maybe he is saying all religious people are extremists, that is the impression it left on me yes hatefull, filled with hate. Sorry A, but this one is one you can watch on your own as it is 2 thumbs down with me.

1 comment:

  1. ...and about extremists who do not question things who may have weapons of destruction at their fingertips was Bill Maher's point. Honestly I think you missed his point. A panel discussion of many I believe (without humorous moments) would have come up with the same conclusions. This does not mean that people can not have religion, just to not unquestionably force it on other's and possibly prepare our future destruction~~that's what I was talking about.

    Aaron

    ReplyDelete