Sunday, August 2, 2009

Weeds

Will the weeds ever stop growing. I have to remember to tell Aaron not to water the compost. I think that is helping the weeds spread rather than dry out. Anyway I have 2 small mystery squashes growing. Then a couple of winter squash -acorn I believe and a zuchinni plant just getting leafy. My cucumbers are speading their leave all over, and one cabbage looks almost done and the others that battled cabbage fleas (who knew) are finally looking cabbagey. The romas are elongating the cherry's cherrying and beefsteak my mind meld didn't work are still green. The salad or I mean lettuce is growing growing growing. Same for the onions. I have a great onion recipe, unfortunately Aaron doesn't like onions, if it was garlic it would be a dealbreaker, but I just eat his share of onions. So now after weeding today and again and again and again I am stuck waiting. I am not good at waiting. Ask Aaron about my driving. We had a serious talk and I have to slow down my driving to make him feel better that I will be safer. But slower doesn't mean safer. Lake front property doesn't mean someone won't knock on your door and shoot you. Ask my brother Tony. Oh that's right you can't he was murdered in the lake front property community. but I digress.....I will drive slower. I have been driving slower. It is a very conscious effort. It doesn't mean I am miraculously patient, I just keep telling myself outloud I told him I would drive slower...and I may be a lot of things, but I work very hard to maintain my honesty. ...not counting my poetry/plays/short pieces because I can lie all the fuck I want in those!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment