Sunday, January 31, 2010

Thoughts

My sister goes in for surgery in a few days. She is getting rid of her vital lady parts. She has two kids, and is a great mom I hope everything goes ok. Gabrielle's passing has me mildly wanting to visit Michigan, but brrr not during winter. And she has a whole group or people to care for her so not necessarily (ok no matter how I change the letters around this word looks spelled wrong)worried about her. It is interesting. I miss the sense of community from the poetry world I had been so active in a decade ago, but I left because of the drama. And when you lose a mom to ovarian cancer and then 3 months later have a brother murdered you really get that don't want the drama theme in my life. Sad though, some of those poets are so funny and brought great laughter in my life. Now most readings are so late, I am not sure I could stay awake for them! I still have poets and artists in my life. And a great guy. And a beautiful place to hang my hat. My life is rich, even if I am in debt. I think the sun is hiding behind the clouds today, and making a nice bright cloud glare. Unless you live climatically someplace like Seattle you just don't understand cloud glare is really a good thing. That is if the sun isn't out. Daffodils, I can't wait for daffodils. They are usually out by now in the grocery stores, but I have not found any yet. I hope Monsanto doesn't get ahold of them. I need my daffodils today.

No comments:

Post a Comment